Tuesday, September 11, 2012

NFL Week 1 Prediction Results

Hello All,

The title kind of gives it away. I will be doing NFL predictions every week.

Week 1: 9-6 (60%)

Where I was right:

1. Bears beat Colts- I knew Andy Luck couldn't outplay a newfound combo with Cutler and Marshall.
2. Eagles beat Browns- closer that I thought, but the eagles still pulled out a W
3. Lions beat Rams- I knew the Rams would play well but Stafford played better in the clutch.
4. Texans beat Dolphins- This one I expected to be a blow out. It lived up to its expectations.
5. Vikings beat Jaguars- I thought this one would be close so I gave it to the home team- they returned the favor.
6. Patriots beat Titans- Locker is a future star but Tom Brady still shines brighter.
7. Cardinals beat Seahawks- Despite a QB controversy in AZ, I still love the talent. A close game, but they pulled it out.
8. Ravens beat Bengals- Some have the Ravens in the superbowl. After what I saw last night, it could happen.
9. Chargers beat Raiders- I don't think either team is that good. But, Raiders are worse.

Where I was wrong-

1. Giants beat Cowboys- I am still shocked that the Boys walked into the Meadowlands and out toughed the Giants. Shows me that this isn't your Wade Phillips Cowboys team anymore.
2. Chiefs beat Falcons- the offensive fire power was too much for the Chiefs' young defense to handle. Just had to play too much catch up.
3. Saints beat Redskins- RG3 played incredibly against a shaky team with no coaching. Still, I expected more from Brees.
4. Packers beat 49ers- This just shows you why they say defense wins championships. Meanwhile, the 49ers offense played well enough to shock the packers at home.
5. Panthers beat Buccaneers- This isn't your grandma's Bucs team- they played tough and smart. The panthers relied on superman- but he looked a little more like Clark Kent.
6. Steelers beat Broncos- I still have no explanation for this one. I like the Steelers at nearly every position over Denver. I guess it was the WILL of Peyton Manning that won this game. He wanted it.

Week 2 predictions coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment